I had a pleasant afternoon with the tangles yesterday and came up with one of my own. Or, at least, I think so. So here’s a photo of a ZIA I made using it and filling it with different tangles. I then coloured it with Promarkers and I must admit, I’m not unhappy with the results. I called it Magtz, partly as a play on my name and partly because the first one I did looks a bit like a fat, juicy maggot.
I’m not very experienced yet, although I’m spending hours tangling, but the more I do, the more I want to do. My current occupation involves going through the TanglePatterns.com website (http://tanglepatterns.com/about/how-to-use-this-site )and having a go at every one on the site. (In alphabetical order, of course.) There are hundreds of them, some more attractive to my eye than others but all with step by step instructions. The woman is a saint!! If I thought that mine was really original, I’d submit it to her but maybe not yet.
I then realised that our new grandbaby’s birth is suddenly imminent – it seems to have been one of the longest pregnancies on record – and I haven’t done a card to welcome him/her. Or, at least, I hadn’t. I’ve at least started it now, as this is the topper I’ve made. Again, I’ve used tangles and Promarkers, although I then added tiny details with water colour pens so they didn’t bleed into the alcohol based pens. Since we don’t know whether it will be a boy or girl and also I would prefer to avoid being too stereotypical, I’ve kept away from pink and blue. The result is better than I expected, so I’m going to stop now, before I try to decorate it too much and ruin the whole thing.